Activities of the Polish Polar Consortium in the year 2015
- 27 February, Sosnowiec – II Board and Executive Committee Meeting
- 23 June, Warsaw– I meeting of the Polish Polar Metadatabase Working Group
- 16 July, Warsaw– working meeting of the Executive Comittee and Secretariat
- 1-4 September 2015, Sosnowiec – SSF workshop ‘Taking the next step in Svalbard snow research’ (patronage of the PPC)
- 14-15 October, Sosnowiec – kick-off meeting of the ‘Polish Snow Research Program in Svalbard’ (patronage of the PPC)
- 23-24 November 2015, Warsaw– II meeting of the Polish Polar Metadatabase Working Group
- 28 November, Toruń – new exhibition of the PPC Partner Institutions presented at the Jubilee of 40th Anniversary of the Nicolaus Copernicus University Polar Station.
- 2 December, Warsaw – open workshop on the Polish National Program of Polar Research
- 7 December, Warsaw– III Board and Executive Committee Meeting
Representatives at conferences and meetings
- EU-PolarNet – kick-off meeting, 10-12.03.2015, Bremerhaven, Germany – PPC President, Agnieszka Kruszewska
- ASSW 2015, 23-30 April, Toyama, Japan – prof. dr hab. Piotr Głowacki, prof. dr hab. Jacek Jania, dr Maja Lisowska, mgr Elżbieta Majchrowska, prof. dr hab. Krzysztof Migała, prof. dr hab. Waldemar Walczowski, prof. dr hab. Wiesław Ziaja.
- Arctic Circle Assembly, 16-18.10.2015, Reykjavik, Island – prof. dr hab. Wiesław Ziaja, prof. dr hab. Piotr Głowacki.
- SSF Workshop ‘Taking the next step in Svalbard snow research’, 1-4.09.2015, Sosnowiec, Poland – mgr Elżbieta Majchrowska.
- improvement of the PPC website http://www.pkpolar.pl/
- new exhibition of the PPC Partner Institutions (financial support: Centre for Polar Studies)
- promotional materials (download here)
- promotion during field expeditions (acknowledgements: Dr. Mateusz Strzelecki, University of Wrocław).